An Update and an Audiobook

Hi everyone, sorry about the long hiatus. Unfortunately it will probably be another few weeks before I get a new chapter up. I don’t want The Gam3 to be just another litrpg series, I want it to be the best litrpg series. Or best sci-fi series. Or maybe one of the best series period. It might not ever reach that point, but I want to do the best I can.

To get there takes time, and focus. So I’m working on the second book, Earth’s Gambit. I tried to both edit and write new chapters, but I ended up mostly working on new chapters. I understand that people want more chapters, but the majority of my income has come from Opening Move’s sales, and I want Earth’s Gambit to do just as well or better. Also, there will be plenty of new content in the second book. Hopefully it’s good.

I feel like I posted the first book too soon, but at the same time the trend is to try to get books out as soon as possible, especially in this genre. I also feel like I’m continuing to develop and learn more as a writer as time goes on. Perhaps I should stop writing about what I feel and just write… I don’t know.

Anyways, I’m trying to do a lot more revision/editing than I did for the first book, we’ll see how it turns out. I now estimate the release for the second book to be around January. (But I’ve tended to underestimate things in the past, so we’ll see.)

In other news, the first book, Opening Moves, is available to preorder on Audible ! The official audiobook release is scheduled to be November 29th, less than two weeks away! I’ve worked with Podium Publishing to produce this audiobook and I’ve been nothing but impressed. If audiobooks are your thing, check it out, or recommend it to friends!

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I will continue to keep the Patreon campaign paused, and will until I catch back up with the chapters I owe.

TL;DR Still working on the second book, Earth’s Gambit, and the audiobook for Opening Moves is available for pre-order!

15 comments on “An Update and an Audiobook

1. compass96 says:

We’ll wait. I’m looking forward to it.

2. gokadus says:

Thank you for the update. I’m looking forward to new chapters and will definitely get the audiobook!

Thanks for the update! Happy that you let us know

Liked by 1 person

4. Seth says:

Thanks for the update, take all the time you need to write your best story for book two. Looking forward to buying it on Amazon.

Also, for good word-of-mouth sales for the Audiobook you should join the LitRPG Facebook group. Close to two thousand fans and readers of the genre.🙂

No worries, I will more than happily buy the book when it comes out. I’ve read almost every piece of litrpg out there, both ebook and on RoyalRoadL, and yours is still one my favs. I don’t want the quality to drop and I certainly don’t want you to burn out or get discouraged as a writer. Do what you need to do, and know that your fans will support you.

6. Jay says:

How on earth are all those tables of stats going to work in an audiobook?

Liked by 1 person

7. I hear you! Well, not yet, but soon…

8. ssd says:

at least you never abandoned your work. its one of the best that I’ve read this days, so please be well and keep continue it. I don’t mind the waiting, even for years if its quality still good I’ll keep reading it.

thanks for the update. It really is one of the best stories out there. Looking forward to the books

10. ultragunner says:

Actually a good idea. 2nd book was too rough to sell well, a good polish and it will shine I’m sure. Good luck on the edits, I know it’s a totally different beast from writing altogether

11. Gauntlet-KI says:

I think you should turn off the ability for us to leave comments. though a few items are still changed every chapter with our comments. Do you use grammerly?

12. Rubix45 says:

Thank you for the update. Best of luck in all you do.

I’m really enjoying the audiobook. Nice work.

14. dktz00 says:

I finished the audiobook, which was AWESOME btw, and now I can do is wait for the next one